IP address 192.168.1.1 is the default IP of your wireless router login or ADSL modem, such as TP-Link router,Linksys router and NETGEAR router. This IP address 192.168.l.l is the part of factory settings, it would be easily changed through a router panel.
what is the IP address 192.168.1.1?
192.168.1.1 is the IP address of the router, and you can manage the router through it. There are many types of router settings. 192.168.1.1 router settings are the most common. The way to set up a router is usually in the instructions of the router, but there are still many people who can not set it up.
What can be done with 192.168.1.1?
When you have accessed the ip address 192.168.1.1 of your router, you would have complete control over your router. After you log in, router software can make adjustments regarding the offer process. You can set the IP address, network management, security options, IP Qos, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN settings, DSL, DHCP client, PPPOE, MAC, WPS and DSL, you can perform all the blocking and other adjustments.
Can not open 192.168.1.1
Many people can’t open 192.168.1.1. Let me talk about how to deal with this problem.
- If you are using a wireless router, you can try to connect to the router using the network cable. Because sometimes you may be connected to a wrong wireless signal or the wireless signal is disturbed.
- You can use your mobile phone or computer to check your gateway. If the gateway is not 192.168.1.1, then you cannot connect, because your router IP may be 192.168.0.1 or other IP.
How to find you network gateway
- Use computer: start – run, enter the CMD and then enter the command: ipconfig/all and then see your own gateway.
- Mobiles: Click the “network details” on the right side of the WIFI that has been connected. (different mobile phone tips are different, for example, HUAWEI phone needs to click “menu” “advanced settings” in WLAN to find IP).
If not consistent, right click on the network – properties – change the adapter settings – right click the local connection – properties – Internet protocol – properties. And then set the IP address (192.168.1.2), default gateway (192.168.1.1), and DNS.
How to log in 192.168.1.1 IP address
- Open a browser, you can choose any browser you like, such as Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon and Safari. Then enter http://192.168.1.1.
- When you press the Enter key, a window pops up, prompting you to enter your username and password.
- After opening the address of the router settings, enter the user name and password login. Most of the default username and password are admin, if you are not sure, you can see the instructions or the back of the router! General router will be marked!
What to do if you have forgot your wireless router’s username or password?
- Click Default router username password.
- If you have forgot your wireless router’s username or password, you need to reset your router or modem for the factory settings.
- There is a hidden reset button on every kind of wireless router or ADSL modem. When your router working, use a needle or a toothpick and hold on the button for 10 seconds, then it will turn back your router to factory settings. In this process, it is normal to break your internet connection because your existing Internet settings to be reset.
Note: If you have not enough information, it is obviously recommended that you should get help from a person who has router’s knowledge. If your router’s IP is not 192.168.1.1, please click 192.168.0.1.